Christopher De Sousa
Lawyer & Public Notary
Following the studies at the Faculty of Law of the University of Neuchâtel, Christopher De Sousa completed his legal internship at the law firm ZLD Avocats, with lawyers specialised in insurance law, real estate and construction law and contract law in general (lease, labour).
Right after his legal internship, Christopher De Sousa completed his notarial internship in our law firm, more precisely with Danièle Hausser Zilla and Fritz Stahl. He practiced more particularly in the fields of commercial law, real estate law and inheritance law. During his internship as a notary, he also acquired experience in rural land law at the Jacot Oesch & Wehrli & Chieppa law firm in Le Locle.
Since this 1th January, 2019, he has been working as a lawyer and notary in our firm.
Preferred Practice Areas
- Notaries in general, i.e. all acts relating to companies and enterprises (creation of companies, capital transactions, mergers, restructuring), real estate transfers (sales, donations), property law (PPE, spring rights, mortgage transactions) and miscellaneous (debt subject to a surety, the Advance Care Directive, affidavit, authentic statement)
- Inheritance and family law (testamentary disposition, estate settlement, certificate of inheritance, marriage contract, registered partnership under cantonal law)
- Law of associations and foundations
- Contract law (lease, labour, company, sale, mandate)
- Civil, administrative and criminal proceedings
Barrister admitted to the Bar of Neuchâtel
Member of the Neuchâtel Bar Association (OAN) and the Swiss Bar Association (FSA)
Bar examination (Neuchâtel, 2015)
Public Notary examination (Neuchâtel, 2018)
Languages: French, English